Sunday, December 6, 2009

Like A Million Parachutes...

Two dreams stand out from last night. In the first, a lot of my friends were at Nags Head. When I realized so many people were gone, I decided to just pack up and go for a few days. I was in my room at my mom's house rather than my apartment, and I threw four or five string bikinis (which I do not actually own) in a suitcase. As I zipped the suitcase it dawned on me that it was Sunday, and I work on Sunday... I couldn't just leave! I thought, "I will wait until after youth group tonight, and then I will drive down to the beach," but then I remembered that I work on Mondays too. This dream likely came about because last Thursday (also a work day) I did just leave and drive to the mountains to hike because it was a beautiful day. Was it worth it? You be the judge:





In my second dream last night I was skydiving with some friends. Sort of. A group of us stood in a plane which flew fairly low to the ground--maybe three stories high-- and we each held a helium balloon. One by one we jumped out of the plane, and our single balloons slowed us down like parachutes as we floated to the ground. Spotts and I couldn't stop laughing when we landed. Who knew you could actually do that?? We decided, considering our "parachutes" were just plain balloons, that we could do it ourselves, and we planned to buy ten balloons each and take turns jumping off roofs.

What if...

No comments:

Post a Comment