Thursday, December 10, 2009

Warning: Rated R for Violence

(No, really.)

When this nightmare opened I was standing in line at the movie theater, waiting to see New Moon by myself. Immediately after buying a ticket for the 10:24 a.m. show, a friend walked up and told me that a bunch of people were hanging out and that I should join. The next thing I remember is a group of about ten people sitting around the perimeter of a small room. A friend--to disguise his identity due to the content of this dream we will call him "Dan"-- who was sitting to my left, pulled out a handgun, turned to his left, and began shooting everyone in the head one by one moving clockwise around the room. No one seemed scared, and no one appeared to be angry at him. Before he reached me I stood up and walked into another room thinking, "This is obnoxious, but I don't think he plans to shoot me." I poked my head back in the room and casually said, "Dan, why are you doing this?" He said, "It's just what we do," as he pulled the trigger and fired a bullet into my head. I fell backwards, and everything faded to black. I didn't bleed, but I was aware that my head was in excruciating pain. All of a sudden I could see again; I wasn't dead. I stood up and walked back into the room, still in a lot of pain, and looked at Dan as if to say, "What the heck?" He looked confused, then raised the gun again and shot me in the chest. Again I fell and blacked out. This process repeated, and I was shot again in the head, and then once in the gall bladder (yeah, I have no idea.) At that point I became aware that, with four bullets still in my body (still no blood though,) I might be dying. I felt like I had a terrible migraine, and it hurt my chest to breathe. At that point I wanted to die. (Interesting note though: when I realized how much pain I was in I felt annoyed because I knew I wouldn't be able to run in the morning :))

I begged him to shoot me again, to just end it, but then I realized there were people supporting me; I then felt embarrassed that I had been so ready to give up. Suddenly I was sitting on my back deck, and my dad and some other man were loading guns that were much bigger than Dan's. Apparently others had survived because my friend that invited me to the gathering yelled at Dan saying, "This is not a joke! I don't care if it's just what you do... people are DEAD. Kevin is DEAD. It's not funny!"

Then we were inside again, and it was night. I hobbled out the door alone, still in severe pain, but still not bleeding, and began walking down an alley. I reached a point where the light from the street lamp no longer reached, and there was only darkness ahead of me. I sensed something in the darkness and knew I shouldn't go any further. I turned around and hobbled as quickly as I could back to the door, afraid that whatever was lurking in the darkness was right behind me. I made it safely back inside and found a friend (not someone I actually know, but a friend in the dream), crying on the floor by the back door which was wide open. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "While you were gone he came back, and I shot him... I got him..."

I became aware that it was 10:30 a.m., and thus too late to be let into New Moon. Ten bucks down the drain. The dream ended when I said, "Not to be dramatic, but I think I might need to go to the hospital... I have four bullets in my body."

I was glad when I woke up this morning not in excruciating pain, although I opted for blogging instead of running anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment