Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waffles with Peanut Butter and Honey, Strawberries with Yogurt, Coffee with Milk and Sugar...

In the next segment of last night's dream I was in my mom's house with my brother and sister. Ross needed special furniture for his apartment, and Whitney remembered this great place in Waynesboro. (Seriously? How did Waynesboro make its way into my subconscious?) There was a sense of urgency; We had to go right then. I wanted to take a shower because I'd gone running the night before, but there was no time. Whitney didn't even wear matching shoes: one rain boot, one Croc. Even Dream Ross and Dream Catherine noted the absurdity of this: Whitney would NEVER wear mismatched shoes. I also wanted to eat breakfast, but the sib's insisted that we stop for food on the road. In my dream this angered me, which I find interesting because it's pretty true in waking life as well. I do NOT enjoy going out to breakfast, and I especially dislike stopping for fastfood breakfast on the road. Whenever our family travels with the plan of eating on the road, I still eat breakfast before setting foot in the car. I mean, breakfast sets the tone for the whole day... I'd like to make it myself, thank you. I digress. I don't know if we ever made it to Waynesboro for the special furniture (or if we ever knew what was so special about the furniture.) The world may never know.

I find it funny the ideas that creep into dreams. At some point I will explain my theory on dreams, but for now I am off to cultivate more writing material!

No comments:

Post a Comment