Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ukrop's Has My Yogurt of Choice :)

I have quite a few mental snapshots of my dreams from last night, but not many stories I can piece together. In one of the more lucid scenes I sat at a kitchen counter with Elizabeth, who had just finished work. She said, "I gained another 8 pounds this week." Apparently she had been weighing herself once a week at work, and in the last four weeks had gained 8, 8, 4, and 5 pounds respectively. She looked as tiny as ever. I said, "Elizabeth, the scale must be wrong. You know there is no WAY you gained 25 pounds in a month." (And yes, I did the math correctly in my dream :)) Without looking at me she simply said, "I know..." and trailed off.

I am rather fascinated by the next dream. I was kayaking and paddled ashore a not-very-crowded beach. As I pulled my boat away from the water I saw that there were sharks swimming in the surf. Lots of sharks. Someone posed the question, "Would you rather paddle back into the water with someone, or sit alone on this beach for a hundred years?" I looked back at the water and saw that the sharks were multiplying; some of them even morphed into humans and walked out of the water (in a non-threatening, don't-bother-us-and-we-won't-bother-you kind of way.) I asked if the sharks would eat the kayak, and therefore me, and the question-poser said the sharks would eat the outside of the kayak, but not be able to harm the inside or me. I think the dream ended before I made a decision, but one of my last thoughts was, "One hundred years is a long time to be alone."

Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment