Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"You will lose it in your gym class...

...If you wait 'til noon to eat."

Yep. More breakfast dreams... but not last night. Actually, I can't remember a single dream from last night; I woke up too quickly. So, since the world already knows that I am very serious about breakfast, I will share two more dreams from Saturday and Sunday night (Oh yes... I had breakfast dreams both nights.)

On Saturday night at the auction, one of the hors d'oeuvres offered was rolls with roast beef. Very pink roast beef. I picked up a roll and looked around the table for something else to put on it-- perhaps some ham or cheese. No luck. In my dream that night I was back at the auction, roll in hand, looking for some protein. I saw a platter of scrambled egg patties (would that be considered a patty?), sizzling bacon, and cheese. I thought, "That's not what I usually eat, but it will do!" then made a delicious breakfast sandwich.

On Sunday night (uhh... very early Monday morning...) before going to bed I remembered that I had eaten my last two waffles that morning and forgotten to go to the grocery store! Problem. In my dream it was Monday morning, and I walked in the kitchen, opened the freezer, and discovered that I still had four waffles left in the box. Imagine my disappointment when I actually woke up that day waffle-less. This is kind of embarrassing, but I stood in the kitchen for a good five minutes trying to decide what to do: Should I eat a bowl of cereal (heresy) to quiet the beast in my stomach? Should I swing by Starbucks for a reduced-fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich (delicious alternative to the waffles)? Finally I decided that I would probably pass out before I could make it to Starbucks, so I went with the cereal... and was hungry again an hour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment