Thursday, November 12, 2009

Here Comes the Sun (do do do do)

It comes as no surprise to me, given all the rain, that last night I had two separate dreams about wanting to be in the sunshine...

In the first I was on a beach with a bunch of friends from church. We pitched a large tent and began setting up our beach chairs, which were all the long, reclining type. Because we had more people than chairs, Andrew Storey and I agreed to share one-- his head at one end, mine at the other. I let him choose where to set up our chair, and he put it directly in the middle of the tent so it was completely untouched by any sunlight. I said nothing about it but thought, "Why is he doing that? Doesn't he get it?" I decided that I would rather sit chair-less in the sun. Sorry, buddy.

In the second dream I was hanging out with one of the high school girls in the youth group, Emily M. We dug through a closet in my mom's house looking for camouflage clothing (she asked me last night in waking life if I had any that she could borrow for a spirit day at school, so this was not completely random.) Before finding the shirt that I actually have and had in mind, we found another camouflage shirt with some Christian quote on it that I don't think actually exists... if it does, I do not own it. In the dream I thought, "Oh yeah, I forgot about this one!" Good find. In addition to the shirts I found a pair of glasses that I actually lost over two years ago, but in the dream they were very round, very thick-framed Harry Potter-like glasses. I found them in a suitcase I had not unpacked from my last summer working at camp, which is actually where I lost the glasses. Emily shook her head and laughed at me for being disorganized/having not unpacked after so long. Then we were at Barnes & Noble in the cafe area. I told her she could pick any table, and she chose table number two. Yes, the tables were numbered. I looked and saw that table two, although positioned next to a window, was the one table that did not receive any sunlight. I turned back to Emily and pleaded with her to pick another table, but her mind was already made up... table two it was.

In other news, it is possible to have too much of a good thing. I had another waffle dream last night, but in this dream I ate my two waffles with peanut butter and honey and was still hungry so I made two more. As I ate them, however, I thought, "Oh this is too many... I'm not supposed to eat four waffles..." What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment