Monday, November 16, 2009

Milk Drunk

I was recently responsible for an entire-passenger-side-of-the-car-scratcher-denter. It's like a fender-bender except... well, you can probably figure it out. When I picked my car up from the body shop it looked like new, which would have been far more exciting if it wasn't actually new. Yes, I did $1800 worth of body damage to my 2010 Corolla that I've had for three months. Ouch. In another dream last night, my car was still at the body shop; it had been ready for weeks, but I neglected to pick it up. Forrest urged me to go that day to get it... and then he unlocked a closet at church and wheeled out two mopeds. He was insistent that I needed to ride one of the mopeds to the body shop to get my car. A few nights ago in waking life I had a conversation with some friends about scooters. This conversation carried into my dream, and I thought, "Mopeds are cool until you pull up beside someone you went to high school with..." so I told Forrest I would just ask someone for a ride. Then I remembered that I'd had my car back for weeks, but I had no memory of going to get it, and I was very bothered by that. Weird.

On a completely different brain-wave, many of you know that I have a *slight* fear of elevators. There was an elevator in one of my dreams last night, and it was the third time that I can recall dreaming about this particular elevator. I don't know what type of building it was in last night, but in the other dreams it was in a hospital and a sky-scraper hotel (beach front.) In the dream last night the doors to the elevator opened, and as I stepped in I saw Erica, a 4-year-old from church, laying on the floor, surrounded by cookie crumbs. At first glance I thought she was just sleeping, but when I noticed the cookie crumbs I did the math and realized that she was in fact "cookie drunk." She'd consumed so many cookies that she'd fallen asleep right there on the elevator floor. My niece Lauren, who I saw this weekend, is 3 months old, and my sister describes the baby's state immediately post-nursing as "milk drunk. " Erica was cookie drunk :)

More to come... Africa, cell phone, bike carousel (a late arrival to my memory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment