Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Creepers.

My brain hosted two new genres last night: horror and romance. I suppose the first dream wasn't quite horror... really more of a thriller. I was at a daytime, outdoor celebration of some sort (a wedding reception, perhaps,) and in the crowd there was a man that I knew was after me. He had an unusually large build, with one leg longer than the other so he walked slowly and with a slight limp. His face was hidden by a shadow throughout the dream. I saw the man staring at me through the crowd, and I moved quickly in the other direction, but no matter where I went he appeared just a short distance away... still staring at me. The day turned into night, and I grabbed a friend to make an escape with me. We hopped in a car (a mid 90s blue hatchback,) and zig-zagged our way through the city streets in an attempt to lose the man. When we felt safe, my friend and I parked the car and entered a church. The lighting in the sanctuary was warm and the atmosphere welcoming... and the congregation was hosting a game night! (Yes, in the sanctuary.) We decided to participate. My friend urged me to relax-- certainly the ominous man would not find us there. Still, I continued looking over my shoulder towards the door at the back of the sanctuary, unable to enjoy myself. To ease my mind I came up with an escape plan in the event that the man did find us, and I shared the plan with my friend, who thought I was acting paranoid. I played games for a while, ever looking over my shoulder, and finally the man darkened the door (literally...he walked in and the shadow followed him.) He stood in the back of the sanctuary for a few minutes, and no one seemed to notice, and then he began moving slowly--almost floating-- towards us. Immediately I stood, gave a signal to my friend, and we quickly but calmly left through the emergency exit.

I don't often have nightmares, but this one is lingering; I've felt a little creeped out all day. I will save the romance dream for a separate post...it doesn't quite seem appropriate here. Okay, and it's nothing juicy, so don't get too excited.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you! Actually, your dream seems very symbolic...

    ReplyDelete