Saturday, November 7, 2009

Witty Blog Title

Brief update:

The Mission Possible Youth Auction (we ARE auctioning youth, but not in the way you might think) is tonight, and last night I dreamed that John Peters (my pastor) called me in my office at 2 a.m. to share with me some great ideas he had for the auction. Apparently the team of volunteers pulled an all-nighter in preparation of the event, and even John was pretty psyched out of his mind about it.

This dream is the love child of two events. First, we did have a team of volunteers setting up Trinity Hall last night, and at one point Forrest reminded the women on the auction committee that more volunteers were coming this morning (I'm late...) so at some point they'd just have to call it a night. In my dream, the night was never called. Second, I did receive a call from John Peters this week, though not at 2 a.m. On Wednesday my office phone rang; I saw that it was John, picked up the receiver, and this is the conversation that transpired:

Catherine: "Hello?"
John: "...Well, hello!"
(6-7 seconds of silence)
Catherine: "...What's up?"
John: "...Did I call YOU?"
Catherine: "Yes."
John: "Oh! You know, I didn't mean to do that."
Catherine: "Oh! Well, it was good to hear from you!"
John: "Yes! We should do it again sometime!"

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment