Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's A Love Story

I've been told on more than one occasion that my life is like a romantic comedy. Lately it's been less romantic, more comedic... but a girl can dream, right? That is precisely what I did. In my dream I received a love letter from... someone. This someone (I know who it was, but I am not so bold/unguarded as to share that on a blog :)) poured out his heart on two pages (front and back) of notebook paper which were left twice folded on my desk. I sat in my office, slouched in my chair so as not to be seen from the hallway, and read the love letter. An intimate confession that made my heart beat just a little bit faster.

All of a sudden I stood in the parking lot with a group of middle school youth. They seem to make it into all my dreams, regardless of genre. (Sigh.) A 6th grade girl said to me, "Were we not supposed to read that note on your desk? Oops!" All the girls had read my love letter, and I felt mortified. The funny thing is... if I were to receive a love letter, that WOULD happen to me--inevitably--which is what leads certain people to describe my life as a romantic comedy. I am fairly certain that my life will never be a plain romance but rather will include more than a few pee-your-pants-laughing-want-to-die-of-embarrassment moments... and I like that.

1 comment:

  1. i love this blog. When I finish my pscyh degree I am going to come back and decipher all of this. HAHA

    ReplyDelete