Thursday, November 5, 2009

Return of the Eggos

I sent myself a dream-reminder email this morning because so many things happened last night. This is what the email says: "camel/dinner with Daddy, speeding ticket, Africa with Kate/waffles, Rebecca Logan, showing apartment, youth group-running late/playing instruments." That list contains the manifestation of a fear I've had since starting this blog: that one of my dreams would reveal an embarrassing secret. Don't see it? I'll go ahead and tell on myself. Rebecca Logan is one of the main characters on the television show Greek. She was in my dream last night because... I have been watching Greek on hulu.com (it's turning my brain to mush.) There. I said it. Don't judge me.

There was some fluidity with my dreams last night, but I'm not sure where some of the pieces fit in. Bear with me. Mallory and I were moving out of our apartment (yeah, right!) and prospective tenants came two by two to look at it. Two girls let themselves in for a tour, and we walked them around our very messy apartment (that part is accurate :)) We were insincerely apologetic about the mess--we didn't want to move out, so we wanted the girls to hate the apartment.

Enter Rebecca Logan. Actually, exit Rebecca Logan. She and two of her pledge sisters (just watch the show, okay?) ran downstairs, giggling. Our downstairs neighbor is Ryan, but in the dream it was Senator Logan (Rebecca's dad,) and the girls had an elaborate plan to break into the apartment and spy. Two of them entered the downstairs apartment, and one walked out to keep watch on the back porch... which all of a sudden was huge and had a pole for sliding into the backyard. Unfortunately, I couldn't reach the pole from the deck.

New dream? I was in an African desert with Kate and Ryan Joyce. It was dusk, and we looked out across miles and miles of rolling...sand dunes. We might have had a camel. When we returned to our hotel room I opened the freezer to find a box of my low-fat, whole grain, Eggo waffles. Much to my delight, it was a jumbo-sized box containing twenty waffles rather than ten. In waking life I have tried fruitlessly to find such a product. It only exists in my dreams. Anyone who has been reading my blog might think I am obsessed with my breakfast. Well...

Rebecca Logan reappeared, and we engaged in some witty banter. Finally she said, "Why are you being a [jerk] to me again? I thought we were beyond this." I told her that it was a habit and that I was sorry. Then the dream faded.

For the sake of keeping each entry at a reasonable length, I will save my other dreams for later. I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse into my subconscious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment